Who can create an account on HolidayFunder?
- Families, groups or individuals pursuing a legitimate holiday may register an account with HolidayFunder and then launch a fundraising campaign. To get started, users have the option to register with HolidayFunder by syncing their Facebook account or by completing our registration process with a valid email address.
- In addition, any individual or group who would like to donate towards a holiday campaign can freely register on the site, however, registration is not required in order to make a donation.
How do I launch a holiday fundraising campaign?
- Simply click on the Create a Holiday Campaign button. We will walk you through the campaign creation form and help you fill out all of the information you need - each campaign before launch will go to pending status until approved by a HolidayFunder agent. To be able to receive holiday donations, users will need a registered PayPal account.
- PayPal are referred to as your payment processor, and you will need to connect this payment processor account with your holiday campaign page in order to receive donations.
How should I calculate my holiday fundraising goal?
- Consider your basic needs and their costs first: airfare, visa, passport, accommodation, and fees associated with your journey.
- Be sure to plan out and decide on a campaign goal amount ahead of time. Consider: how long you will be fundraising, what is a reasonable amount to request based on this time frame and your needs. Remember that it is better to set a more moderate goal amount than one which is too large.
- Over-reaching or exceptionally large campaign goals can be intimidating for potential donors and discourage them from giving.
- You will be able to continue receiving funds for as long as your campaign page is open, even once your goal amount is reached. These additional funds will be reflected on your campaign progress bar, as exceeding your goal amount. This kind of progress is exciting and motivating for donors.
- Some of the most successful campaigns on HolidayFunder have set goal amounts varying between £300- £10,000.00, and exceeded their goals.
- Users are permitted and encouraged to factor the processing and administrative fees of the website into their campaign goal amount.
Is there a time limit required for each holiday fundraising campaign?
- Users can run their fundraising campaigns for a maximum length of 365 days. Campaigns can be shorter, but it is important to plan your fundraising strategy, according to the timeline designated to your campaign page and your holiday departure date.
- Your campaign period will begin as soon as you click “Launch Campaign,” however, HolidayFunder recommends that users plan to run their fundraising campaigns well ahead of their actual holiday date, to assure enough time for the collection of funds prior to departing for their meaningful holiday experience.
What about my holiday campaign End Date?
- You have full control of your Holiday Campaign end date once the campaign is “launched”; you have 365 days for your holiday campaign to reach your holday fund goal so make sure that you have selected a timeframe which provides ample time to fundraise for your meaningful holiday experience.
Can I change my goal amount once launched?
- Yes, you can log in to your account and edit your campaign goal amount.
- It is best to have a goal amount, which is lower, as opposed to higher than necessary, because donors are more inclined to contribute to a reasonably budgeted goal amount than one that is too large.
Can a holiday campaign page be edited after launch?
- Yes, there are specific elements of the campaign page, which can be edited post launch. These include: Title, Holiday Campaign Description, Photo and Video Uploads and Updates Section.
How can I share my Holiday Campaign through social networking sites?
- You may share your page through different social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more, by using the social media and sharing buttons located on the main campaign page.
- For best funding results, all social media sharing should be complemented with personalized outreach through email and other Inbox messaging. This conveys a more meaningful request to the donor and moves them to contribute, more than a mass mailing or general status notification will.
Can a holiday fundraising campaign be deleted?
- A campaign can be deleted by the fundraiser whether this is still active or closed so long as there are no donations on it. Once donations have been contributed, the campaign page cannot be closed or deleted. If you have a special request and have a reason for the cancellation of your campaign page, please contact email@example.com. When submitting any requests, be sure to include the title of your campaign page and the reason for your cancellation request.
- If your campaign is deemed eligible for cancellation and if donations have already been received, you are responsible for contacting all contributors to your campaign about the change and refunding all relevant donations that have been collected to your payment processor account.
- In the case that a campaign is cancelled and donations are to be refunded, the HolidayFunder administrative fee and your payment processor’s fees may not be refundable.
- Please consult the HolidayFunder Terms of Service for further details as agreed to, by all campaigners and donors regarding refund policies and processes.
Can I run more than one holiday campaign at the same time?
- While users of HolidayFunder are capable of running more than one campaign at the same time, it is discouraged as this is proven to be an ineffective and poor strategy in terms of reaching campaign success.
- Splitting your campaign efforts into several online holiday ventures will only divide your attention and is likely to confuse your supporting community.
- The ideal scenario is to run only one holiday campaign at a time, market this single campaign through multiple channels and efforts, then combine this online campaign with offline fundraising efforts as well to promote further awareness of your holiday plans.
Can I still use HolidayFunder even if I am not from the US?
- Yes, HolidayFunder is accessible to international users, which the payment processor PayPal serve. Be sure to register a PayPal account.
- PayPal currencies accepted on HolidayFunder include: US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Pound Sterling and the Euro.
- Be sure to indicate your chosen currency on your PayPal account settings.
What if I don’t reach my goal?
- HolidayFunder campaign pages are developed around the “flexible funding” model. This means that campaigners keep what they raise, whether they reach their total amount goal or only a portion of it.
- Consider what factors contributed to your holiday goal not being met and make a note of these lessons learned for the next time you fundraise. You are always welcome back to create another holiday campaign page but be sure to do some things differently the next time; and be sure to stay engaged throughout your entire campaign, with frequent communication to your donors.
How do I get my holiday campaign page to be featured on your website?
- Featured campaigns are chosen based on specific criteria for eligibility. Our system was designed with an algorithm to recognize highly funded and most popular campaigns to be put on the homepage.
- Criteria for featured campaign pages include but are not limited to: a completed campaign page and profile section with all fields filled out, social media links attached, photos and/or video uploaded, with a clear campaign description, explaining the purpose and value of your meaningful holiday experience. The campaign should also have at least 18% of its goal amount raised and include the use of its Updates section, with clear efforts to engage donors, reflected in the number of social media shares, and frequency of Updates posted.
Can campaigns exceed their initial goal amount?
- Yes. The campaign page is still capable of accepting donations even after the goal amount has been reached.